Thursday, October 4, 2007

Films that have changed my life..

Gangs of New York
Swing Kids
Legends of the Fall
Children of Men
Batman Begins
V for Vendetta
Trainspotting
Newsies
Anything Tim Burton
Pulp Fiction
Pirates of Penzance
Top Hat
Singing In The Rain
Braveheart
Goonies
Fight Club
On the Waterfront
Dogtown and Z-boys
Grosse Point Blank
Godfathers
Titus
Dreamers
Rocky
Velvet Goldmine
Lock Stock and Two Smoking Barrels
Hasn't exactly changed my life but I saw 3:10 to Yuma recently and it is unbelievably incredible!

Children of Men was the last movie that effected me to my core. Ridiculously well done and intensely realistic. Director Alfonso CuarĂ³n shot it with the feel of a documentary with amazing sets, handheld cameras, and incredibly long shots. This was the longest shot in the film, 6 minutes and done in one take.

2 comments:

bardhi h. said...

WHERE IS TRAINSPOTTING????? me and you quote that movie all the time! that should be on the list of movies that changed your life, duh!

Arthur Anchors said...

I was just thinking that at work today! I was quoting it and stopped and said SHIT thats not on my list!!! Miss you mate. You gonna be around Pervo during xmas, i'll be coming into town.