Saturday, August 1, 2009

Mountain Song

As of late, the warm sun, wood smoke, and smell of the chill in the evening air has made me undeniably nostalgic for the end of last summer in the woods and mountains of the Carolinas. Last summer was by far one of the best summer of my life. It's was The Endless Summer with four of my best friends Barb, Adam, Ben, and our dog Tank. Doing what we love most, being in the mountains. Running through the woods barefoot, sliding down a rock face and plunging into the fresh river water, roaring camp fires, cooking feasts for breakfast lunch and dinner, climbing to the highest point and looking out over the rolling Blue Ridge Mountains, lying in my hammock between tall pine trees as the wind rocks me to sleep. It had been many years since I played in the mountains of North and South Carolina, returning to them made me fall in love all over again. Listening to Fleet Foxes always brings me back to that summer, driving through the mountains listening to Ragged Wood in our Volvo stationwagon, windows down, Tank's face in the wind as our packs in the back shift from side to side as we sway up the shady wooded mountains roads. The voices of Swedish duet First Aid Kit covering Fleet Foxes Tiger Mountain Peasant Song also really brings me back to the mountains and woods I love dearly.








No comments: