Sunday, August 16, 2009

My Lady Bird


I had the pleasure of spending a week in London last month, little did I know the outcome would result in become completely besotted with a lovely British bird named Clare. We actually met 4 years ago in Utah, friend of friend, rarely kept in contact since. Before I went to London I thought it'd be nice to meet up with her and hang out for a day, so we did. We had an incredibly romantic 5 days together and needless to say we were more than friends by the time she dropped me off a the airport. We kissed eachother goodbye but both knew we'd be seeing eachother soon. As soon as I got back to the farm in Ireland I called her when I walked in the door, to my pleasant surprise she had already looked up flights to visit me in Ireland. 5 weeks later I met her at Cork Airport and was never so happy to see someone. We spent the next 5 days in the countryside walking through fields, over rolling green hills and cow pastures, along seaside cliffs, picking blackberries, pulling potatoes in the garden, painting the old farm house, hitch hiking to nearby villages, working on my old sailboat and riding a ferry boat out to a gaelic island. We also did lots of cooking and baking together, ate cheese and a massive amount of chocolate. It really was the most ideal 5 days together we could ask for. I was absolutely gutted to see her go but she'll be back for my birthday next month so I think I'll survive.
This has all come so unexpected to me. Here I am on my travels, just living day by day, making the most of the world at my disposal. I definitely wasn't expecting to find the love of my life just yet. Couldn't be happier.




11 comments:

Clare said...

Blush, blush, blush..London's calling peach x

Gina Korea said...

Good for you, Arthur! Your pictures are beautiful - all of them! I hope we can meet up somewhere sometime soon! Maybe with Clare?

Arthur Anchors said...

Thanks Giner! I hope to see ya too! and yes, mostly like with Clare. love ya miss ya

Anonymous said...

I love reading your blog. I randomly think about you sometimes and i believe you are one of the very, very few people i know(myself included:) that are really living . like really truly doing what they want to do, where they want to do it. keep it up arthur. and one day we will dance again <3

naomi said...

That is a romantic story! Good to see you two lovebirds at church

Maria Petrova said...

She is LOVELY! I'm thrilled for you guys!

Arthur Anchors said...

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

Krysa Alva said...

most romantic thing iv herd in a very long time

Adventurewiz said...

I am in Australia now so if you like, you can stay with Brent and I. I share your love of vagabonding. what a wonderful world we live in.

jendar said...

and you guys are married now! i love this story...

Arthur Anchors said...

I know! Haha, I really need to update this blog. Thanks Jendar